Caring for your teeth tends to be a daunting task that requires patience and daily cleaning practices. However, there are some easy methods you can use to assist you. For instance, the foods you eat may be able to help strengthen your tooth enamel.
The best smiles are possible with healthy food choices. Facts about healthy food choices include:
– Saliva is one of the principal factors in keeping your mouth healthy. Always stay focused on keeping a heavy saliva flow in your mouth with alternative cleaning tools such as sugarless gum.
– Stick to foods with a high water content, especially crunchy ones. These characteristics can wash away bacteria and food residue more easily and help keep your teeth clean.
– Products high in phosphorus and calcium have been shown to strengthen tooth enamel. Usually, this includes a variety of meats and cheeses, nuts, and many types of milk.
– Snacking between meals can increase your chances for tooth decay to occur.
– Foods scarce in sugar and carbohydrates tend to be healthier for your teeth, as sugars can be converted into harmful acids that eat through tooth enamel.
If you are looking to improve your smile with an improved diet or any other procedure at Borgmeyer Dental, you are welcome to book an appointment with Dr. David J. Borgmeyer and Augustine Borgmeyer and our team at our dentist office in St Louis, Missouri. We can be reached at 314-351-6554. Make time to improve your smile for lasting happiness.